You will need to bake on a pizza stone to get a crispy crust
Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
1. Adjust the oven rack to its highest position. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, or its highest setting.
2. Dissolve the sugar and yeast into the warm water and let it sit until foamy (about 5 minutes).
3. While the yeast is soaking, combine 1 cup of the flour and the salt in a separate large bowl. Stir until the salt is evenly mixed into the flour.
4. Pour the yeast water into the bowl of flour, then stir with a wooden spoon until fairly smooth. Stir in an additional 1/2 cup flour as you go. Be sure to add the flour slowly as you knead to prevent it from becoming too dry and stiff.
5. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes. Divide it into two equal portions and form each piece into a ball. If you do not wish to make two pizzas immediately, the second ball of dough can be wrapped in plastic and stored in the refrigerator for up to two days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
6. Press or roll the dough into preferred shape, about 1/8 inch thick.
7. Prepare a pizza pan with either non-stick spray or cornmeal, (or use a pizza stone).
8. Spread a thin layer of your favorite sauce over the surface, then bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or just until the edges develop a hint of color.
8. Remove the crust from the oven, add the rest of your toppings, then bake for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is a medium golden brown.