Subway Cookie Clone Recipe (Sugar Cookie/Chocolate Chip Cookie Hybrid)
While this isn't EXACTLY Subway's recipe, it's a delicious blend of a old school sugar cookie recipe and a chocolate chip recipe from the post-depression era. Try it with any variety of chips (or none at all). We're sure it'll be a hit!
1.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar (packed)
1 and 2/3 cup butter (softened)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Almond extract
4 cups All Purpose Flour
1.5 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
OPTIONAL: chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, mini baking M&Ms, peanut butter chips or Heath Toffee bits (your choice!).
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (optional).
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar and powdered sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, almond, and eggs until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients JUST UNTIL blended (don't overmix). Stir in the chips (if desired) by hand using a wooden spoon.
4. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets for about two minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely (this extra time allows them to continue baking a bit, and then firm up for easier removal from the cookie sheet).
TIP: For more of a sugar cookie effect, don't add the chips but instead gentlyroll scooped cookie dough into ball and then dip top half into regular sugar and place cookie dough ball onto sheet (sugar side up).